Our skin goes through changes as we age. What once was smooth and supple now becomes thinner and loses fat. Senior skin can be prone to dryness which then leads to itching and irritation when scratch.
As a provider of non medical home care in Arizona, we consider senior skincare when caring for senior patients. According to the National Institute on Aging, here are some common reasons for dry skin in seniors:
- Not drinking enough liquids
- Spending too much time in the sun or sun tanning
- Being in very dry air
- Losing sweat and oil glands which is common in old age
If you are experiencing dry skin, your home care provider can help you with some lifestyle changes to ease this such as:
- Using moisturizers like creams, lotions, or ointments daily
- Using mild soap and warm water during your showers to prevent irritation and lessen dryness
- Using a humidifier to add moisture to the room
- Drinking enough water daily
Are you in need of home care in Sun City, Arizona? We at CareMinders Home Care can help you go through your daily activities within the comfort of your own home.
We provide various services such as personal care, companion care, long-term chronic care, and respite care.